What I Do In Class All Day||Studio Fall 2016

10:32:00 AM


What I do in class all day.
Studio III class fall semester 2016 

Part one of fall semester we have been working on a design to revamp a local delicatessen here in Bridgeport CT. Everyone in class is taking their own spin on this dynamic space. My approach was to keep the space clean and natural. I wanted my focal points to be texture and pattern over crowding the small space with too much stuff. I choose clean white tile for wall accents and a retro polygon flooring tile. A patterned tile wall to be the main focal point as you enter the room. Also leaving the brick to contrast the bright whites and adding a butcher block counter top to give the space some warmth. I want this space to have more metropolitan feel with also being inviting and making you want to come again.




The lighting I wanted to be simple and reflect the style I was trying to achieve. I didn't want it to be busy so metal with simple bulb fixtures worked perfectly with this space. I used stainless steel accents in the main eating area on the table bases and side bar seating. And switched it up in the bathroom and added pops of gold. Overall the space is clean, simple, and interesting with out being busy. 





You Might Also Like

0 comments