Inspiration Board for Southview Terrace Project

3:45:00 PM



I started this home office project in the middle of this summer. When starting this project my initial ideas was a masculine industrial home office. I wanted to bring in a lot of metals into the design. The clients wanted to stick with the desk they had previously purchased. It is a large wooden rectangle dining room table that works great so that they can have everything right there spread out. But for organizing it's a struggle. So I wanted to focus some of the design around organization. This is where we incorporated custom shelving. They already had these great arches that are a focal point of the room, but I thought we could use this space to not only to be a space to organize binders and magazine but we can make it look great and be appealing to the eye.

When making the collage of all the items that I thought where necessary for the home office I started with the lighting piece. I wanted to make a statement and set the tone of the room. This is an amazing 3 piece fixture from Restoration Hardware. Furthermore I needed to find a lot of desk accessories and items to organize the mountains of paperwork in this office. So I went to Pottery barn for most of the organizational items. They have a great line of galvanized steel office accessories that just flowed perfectly with my idea. Next I choose a rug from Rug USA, I was looking for something with a light pattern in a gray tone that would be a soft touch under a super masculine and rustic desk. Most of the accessories chosen for the desk and the custom bookshelves are light and bright to contrast the darker wall colors. This project is underway as we speak. I can't wait to reveal this home office to you guys in a few short weeks! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments